Event Coordinator (EC)
Now you can PLAY FOR FREE! Becoming an EC will allow you to get involved and meet new people in your league. This is a great opportunity to be a leader and help coordinate ESSC league nights!
On site coordinator for the following sports:
- Indoor Volleyball (Year round)
- Badminton (Year round)
- Pickleball (Year round)
- Multi-Sport 2's (Year round)
- Flag Football (Spring, Summer, Fall)
- Ultimate (Spring, Summer, Fall)
- Tennis (Spring, Summer, Fall)
- Curling (Winter, Fall)
This position involves setting up the equipment, liaising with facility staff, doing pre-game announcements, starting games, and reporting scores to the ESSC office. ECs coordinate the location that they play at each week at the time that they are scheduled to play only!
ECs will be responsible for the 4-6 teams at their facility (including their own).
- Arrive at the facility 15 minutes prior to game
- Coordinate with other players to set up the equipment
- Update players with pre-game announcements
- Ensure that the matches run on time and that players are out of the facility on time
- Ensure that all equipment is put away properly at the end of games
- Report scores online the following day to the ESSC
Training happens seasonally, usually the week before leagues start.
The position ends when the league that the EC is playing in finishes (usually 8-11 weeks per season). Most EC's choose to carry over to the following season.
The average time committment is 2hrs/week, the EC is only required at the facility when other players are required to be there.
Rate of Pay
ECs are not paid by the hour. See the benefits section below.
- A refund at the end of the season equal to the amount of an individual registration
- Free or discounted entry into tournaments and events during the calendar year that you EC
- Free official ESSC apparel
- The opportunity to be a leader and meet new people
There will be a mandatory EC meeting that is TBD for all new ECs. At this time, the responsibilities will be reviewed and equipment that is needed for the season will be distributed. Meeting details will be sent to ECs via email.
How to Apply
To apply for or get more information regarding this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention: Stephanie Rockey
Please include which league/night/division you will be playing in for the season!