The Edmonton Sport & Social Club has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy moving forward in the Winter 2022 season, including both our leagues and tournaments.
We are administering this program to give all players and staff full confidence that everyone attending and playing within ESSC leagues and tournaments will be fully vaccinated.
- All players will be required to be fully vaccinated to participate.
- All players will be required to provide proof of full vaccination.
- All players will be required to upload their vaccine QR code to their MyESSC Profile. This can be done after registration, or at any point before the first game/tournament date.
- Alternatively, players who do not wish to disclose their vaccine verification online, may come into the office at designated times and present proof prior to the start of the season.
- Once players have provided their full proof of vaccination, it will not be required to be resubmitted for future seasons or tournaments.
If players are not able to provide proof of full vaccination, they will not be eligible to play.
- Privately Issued Negative PCR, Rapid Test or Medical Exemptions will no longer be accepted.
In our leagues, any player who has not provided proof of vaccination prior to their first game will receive an automatic loss for their team. If proof is not received by the second game, the individual will be removed from the league with no opportunity for a refund or credit. For Full Team registrations, Team Captains will be responsible to ensuring all team players submit their proof of vaccination prior to their first game. In our tournaments, any player who has not provided proof prior to the tournament date, or is unable to provide proof upon entering the facility, will not be allowed to enter or play and there will be no opportunity for a refund or credit.
The Edmonton Sport & Social Club supports the COVID-19 vaccine and highly encourages players to be fully vaccinated, which is why we have decided to move forward with our programs under the Vaccination Requirement Policy. We are committed to running leagues and tournaments that meet or exceed the Government of Alberta guidelines.