Thinking of switching surfaces? Maybe your indoor or beach leagues aren’t quite cutting it anymore and playing Grass Volleyball will give you some extra mowtivation. Changing your environment is a great way to keep things fresh, while still playing a sport you know and love.
Here are some reasons why some people prefer Grass to other forms of Volleyball:
- It’s easier to jump than in sand
- You don’t bring sand into the car and take it home with you
- Some people prefer to wear shoes when they play
- For people with knee/ankle injuries, they may feel more in control and confident (especially when it comes to lateral movements)
- You experience benefits of Indoor Volleyball but you still get to play outside in the sun!
- Like beach, you are still challenged with external factors, such as wind, extreme temperatures and the sunshine. This will make you a stronger player as you adapt to your surroundings.
Well stop prograsstinating already and start getting your team organized for the next Grass Volleyball season!