Summer 2021 Rule Updates
• Goalies and Player Minimums– Removed the rule stating that female goalies may not count towards the player minimums.
• Shoot Out Order – In the event of a shoot out:
- 3 different players from each team will shoot, 1 of which must be female
- If the score is still tied after 3 shooters, teams will alternate shooters until the tie is broken (sudden death, per pair of shooters)
- After the initial 3 shooters, any player on the team can shoot in any given round (teams can repeat shooters)
Fall 2020 Rule Updates
• Hockey Gloves – Glove up! You are now allowed to wear your Ice/Ball Hockey and Lacrosse gloves if you feel like adding some extra protection for your hands. Just make sure you don’t drop them, because fighting is definitely not allowed!
• Goalie Creases – Alright goalies, we are allowing you to leave your tight space; you are free! You now have free reign and can leave your crease to play the ball.
• Extra Attacker – Moving forward, teams have the option to pull their goaltender for an extra player (can be any gender) in an attempt to even the score!
• Short-handed Plays – Moving forward, you can expect more short-handed plays and scoring opportunities. We have removed the confusing lingo and simplified it for everyone involved.
• High Sticking – The definition of a high-stick remains the same, but you will no longer be called for a high-sticking infraction that is not part of the play. Get ready to celebrate that goal!