Format and Rosters
- All Curling Leagues are single-opponent. Teams will play one game per week.
- All Curling Leagues use an Event Coordinator (EC).
- All Curling Leagues are self-officiated.
- All Curling Leagues use a 2 hour time slot.
- All games are final after the 6th end, or after time expires.
- Regular Season games can end in a tie, no extra end will be played in the case of a tie game.
- All 9 Week Curling Leagues use the following structure:
- 7 weeks of regular season games
- 2 weeks of playoff games.
- There may be instances where byes are scheduled due to facility availability, meaning the season may be played over 9-12 total weeks.
- In rare cases, games may be played on Long Weekends or Holidays.
- Playoff Format:
- All teams are guaranteed 2 playoff matches.
- Only the Top 4 teams will compete for the League Championship.
- League champs will receive T-shirts that can be picked up from the Season End Party.
- There are no ties in playoffs.
- “Warm-draw”: If a game results in a tie score, a “warm-draw” will occur to break the tie in playoffs. Each team will throw one swept rock and the rock that is closer to the button wins. Rocks must be in the house to count.
|Format||Ideal Roster Size||Total # of Players
required on the rink
|Total # of Females
required on the rink
- When registering a full team, there is no limit to the maximum number of players you can have on the roster.
- Prior to the first game of the season, teams must have 4 players confirmed on the roster in MyESSC. This number is equal to the total number of players required on the rink in the above chart.
- If the minimum amount of confirmed roster players is not met, the team will receive a loss for every game played until the requirement is met.
- Prior to the first playoff game, teams must have all players who are playing in the playoff game(s) displayed as part of the confirmed roster in MyESSC.
- If this requirement is not met, teams will receive an automatic loss and will not be eligible for the championship.
- A team may bring in subs that are not listed on the roster. To learn more about the sub policies, click here.