Being a team captain (TC) in the ESSC is an important undertaking. Team captains are the Clubs first point of contact for all matters associated with their team. The ESSC looks forward to working with all TC’s to make their jobs as easy as possible. A list of TC responsibilities are as follows:
- All correspondence from the ESSC office will go through the team captains.
- Captains are asked to respond to all correspondence in a timely manner when dealing with schedule changes, defaults, sportsmanship issues, or other requests.
- Captains are expected to pass on all important information to their teammates.
Managing the Roster
Captains are responsible for managing their team roster, including;
- Recruiting enough players to fill the roster prior to the start of the season.
- Avoiding defaults by confirming players prior to each game.
- Finding subs for games when short players.
Captains are responsible for dealing with sportsmanship during the game, including;
- Managing the actions of their teammates.
- Bringing up concerns with the opponent in a respectful manner.
- Submitting a sportsmanship rating for the opposition to the Coordinator at the end of the game (n/a for Badminton, Pickleball or Volleyball).
- Liaising with the ESSC office on any sportsmanship issues and follow-up.
- Captains are expected to submit the score to the Coordinator at the end of the game.
- If score disputes arise, captains are expected to work together to decide the final score before reporting it to the Coordinator.
- Captains do not have to report the scores directly to the ESSC, this is the duty of the Coordinator.