- Teams/Groups/Individuals are expected to read the division descriptions and place themselves in the most appropriate division. If players are unsure of which division to register for, they are welcome to contact the office for further clarification or advice.
- The ESSC Division offerings are based on the experience and skill level of a team - not on a team's competitive behaviour. All ESSC players and teams are expected to play with a ‘fun-first, winning-second’ attitude regardless of their division.
- The ESSC reserves the right to move any team up or down a division (regardless of where they registered) based on a team's past results. The ESSC gathers statistics on all registered teams each season, and strives to align the divisions as fairly as possible.
- The ESSC reserves the right to move any team up or down a division (regardless of where they registered) based on total registration numbers. The ESSC rarely runs odd numbered divisions, or divisions with a low number of teams, so in these cases division realignment is necessary.
- If the ESSC feels that a division has a clear skill discrepancy during the regular season, teams may be moved up or down a division mid-season, or in some cases a division will be split come playoff time to allow for multiple Championships.
- For certain sports, when possible, the ESSC incorporates a seeding round as part of the regular season schedule. In these cases, divisions will be re-aligned and standings reset after the completion of the seeding round. For 16 Week Leagues that incorporate a seeding round, standings will not always be reset after the completion of the seeding round, but division realignment will still occur.
This division will feature teams where the majority of players have little to no experience and the team as a whole is just in it for the fun. Players are only eligible if they have participated in two or less seasons of organized league play. This division features rule modifications from the standard rule book to facilitate a simpler playing experience. In this division, sportsmanship ratings will have a more direct impact on each team's standings than in the higher division.
This division will feature teams that may have some skilled players, but also many inexperienced players and the team as a whole is just in it for the fun. The majority of players in this division should be new to Dodgeball or have limited experience in the sport. More skilled players are expected to let up at times and overly hard throws are discouraged. In this division, sportsmanship ratings will have a more direct impact on each team's standings than in the higher divisions.