Outdoor Field Policies
The ESSC rents the majority of outdoor fields and diamonds from the City of Edmonton Parks and Recreation Department. As tenants, players must respect the standards and rules of each field:
- Alcohol consumption and smoking is prohibited on any outdoor field or in the parking lots. Offending players are subject to the ESSC Facility fine policy, by-law fines from the City, or removal from ESSC Leagues.
- Please do not “mark” your fields. Public urination is illegal and although some fields do not have a port-o-potty located close by, players are expected to travel to the nearest washroom if the occasion should arise.
- All public by-laws apply when using a field; including excessive noise or music, offensive language, littering, etc.
- Be respectful to homeowners, community residents or anyone else who is sharing the field or surrounding area.
- Players are responsible for property damage they cause including surrounding houses, cars or property.
- Spectators are permitted to attend outdoor games but are to remain seated or in the stands during the game and should always be positioned a safe distance away from the activity. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
The ESSC also rents time at private outdoor facilities across the City. Similar rules apply to those as listed above.
Any player who causes the ESSC to receive a complaint regarding a field rented by the ESSC will receive a $100 fine and may be ejected from the League.
Outdoor Field Locations and Times
- Outdoor games start at the following times:
- Spring / Summer Evening Leagues: 6:00pm - 7:45pm (depending on time of year, sunlight and double rotations)
- Spring / Summer Saturday and Sunday Afternoon Leagues: 2:00pm - 5:00pm (excluding double header weeks)
- Fall Sunday Leagues: 2:00pm - 5:00pm (excluding double header weeks and Premium Leagues)
- Fall Premium Weeknight Leagues: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- In many instances, the ESSC uses the diamonds for two sets of games in a row (double rotations) on a given night. It is important for teams to respect this fact and to start and end games on time when part of the early rotation, as to not affect game length for the teams in the late rotation. If teams end games early and there is still time left before the next rotation, they are free to continue to play for fun on the diamonds.
- Fields are chosen based on availability, quality and location. Some leagues utilize many facilities, while other leagues may play out of a specific facility. The ESSC will always attempt to ensure a fair distribution of locations when building a schedule.
- Each schedule lists all fields used in that division, with corresponding Google map links. Players should view these details in order to familiarize themselves with parking, important notes and past complaints for certain fields. Some sites will have multiple fields, so it is important to review which field the ESSC has booked.
- Players should arrive at the diamonds 15 minutes before their scheduled game time to allow time to warm-up, change and stretch.
All ESSC teams must have a complete set of Kickball equipment prior to the start of the season to bring to every game
- All ESSC teams have the following choices when it comes to equipment:
- Purchase a Used Full Base Set from the ESSC and own it forever
- Rent a Full Base Set from the ESSC (when equipment is returned, the deposit will be refunded, minus a $25 rental fee)
- As an Individual or Small Group registrant, you are not required to select any equipment at the time of registration. However, one person from each individuals team will be required to pay a refundable deposit and pick-up equipment on the designated days. The ESSC will send pick-up information via email before the season starts
- If teams need a new kickball, please stop by the office to trade in your old one for a brand new one
- Metal cleats are not allowed in ESSC Kickball Leagues
Equipment Pick Up and Drop Off
|ESSC Office Pick-Up and Drop-Off|
|Tuesday, September 2||10:00am-6:00pm|
|Thursday, September 5||10:00am-6:00pm|
|Wednesday, October 9 (Drop-Off Only)||10:00am-6:00pm|
Location: ESSC Office – 17406 106a Ave NW (Please use the back warehouse entrance located on the north side of the building)