- Teams/Groups/Individuals are expected to read the division descriptions and place themselves in the most appropriate division. If players are unsure of which division to register for, they are welcome to contact the office for further clarification or advice.
- The ESSC Division offerings are based on the experience and skill level of a team - not on a team's competitive behaviour. All ESSC players and teams are expected to play with a ‘fun-first, winning-second’ attitude regardless of their division.
- The ESSC reserves the right to move any team up or down a division (regardless of where they registered) based on a team's past results. The ESSC gathers statistics on all registered teams each season, and strives to align the divisions as fairly as possible.
- The ESSC reserves the right to move any team up or down a division (regardless of where they registered) based on total registration numbers. The ESSC rarely runs odd numbered divisions, or divisions with a low number of teams, so in these cases division realignment is necessary.
- If the ESSC feels that a division has a clear skill discrepancy during the regular season, teams may be moved up or down a division mid-season, or in some cases a division will be split come playoff time to allow for multiple Championships.
- For certain sports, when possible, the ESSC incorporates a seeding round as part of the regular season schedule. In these cases, divisions will be re-aligned and standings reset after the completion of the seeding round. For 16 Week Leagues that incorporate a seeding round, standings will not always be reset after the completion of the seeding round, but division realignment will still occur.
This division will feature teams that may have some skilled players in specific sports, but also many inexperienced players in other sports. Players who are strong in a sport may have to adjust their skill level accordingly in order to maintain a "fun first” approach every game, as it is expected that the majority of players will not be experienced in most of the sports. In this division, sportsmanship ratings will have a more direct impact on each team’s standings than in other leagues.
This division will feature teams that have some skilled players in specific sports, and are looking for more of a challenge than the Recreational level. Some players will have solid fundamentals in multiple sports, although teams may still have inexperienced players on the roster. Overall, teams and players in this division are slightly more competitive than in the Recreational division.