Outdoor Field Policies
The ESSC rents the majority of outdoor fields and diamonds from the City of Edmonton Parks and Recreation Department. As tenants, players must respect the standards and rules of each field:
- Alcohol consumption and smoking is prohibited on any outdoor field or in the parking lots. Offending players are subject to the ESSC Facility fine policy, by-law fines from the City, or removal from ESSC Leagues.
- Please do not “mark” your fields. Public urination is illegal and although some fields do not have a port-o-potty located close by, players are expected to travel to the nearest washroom if the occasion should arise.
- All public by-laws apply when using a field; including excessive noise or music, offensive language, littering, etc.
- Be respectful to homeowners, community residents or anyone else who is sharing the field or surrounding area.
- Players are responsible for property damage they cause including surrounding houses, cars or property.
- Spectators are permitted to attend outdoor games but are to remain seated or in the stands during the game and should always be positioned a safe distance away from the activity. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
The ESSC also rents time at private outdoor facilities across the City. Similar rules apply to those as listed above.
Any player who causes the ESSC to receive a complaint regarding a field rented by the ESSC will receive a $100 fine and may be ejected from the League.
Outdoor Field Locations and Times
- Outdoor games start at the following times:
- Spring / Summer Evening Leagues: 6:00pm - 7:30pm (depending on time of year and sunlight)
- Spring / Summer Sunday Afternoon Leagues: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Fall Sunday Leagues: 3:00pm (excluding any double header weeks)
- Fields are chosen based on availability, quality and location. Some leagues utilize many facilities, while other leagues may play out of a specific facility. The ESSC will always attempt to ensure a fair distribution of locations when building a schedule.
- Each schedule lists all fields used in that division, with corresponding Google map links. Players should view these details in order to familiarize themselves with parking, important notes and past complaints for certain fields. Some sites will have multiple fields, so it is important to review which field the ESSC has booked.
- Players should arrive at the field 15 minutes before their scheduled game time to allow time to warm-up or stretch.
All ESSC teams must have a complete set of Soccer equipment prior to the start of the season to bring to every game
- It is mandatory for all teams to have a net. Teams who do not provide a net at their game will automatically receive a zero sportsmanship rating.
- All ESSC teams have the following choices when it comes to equipment:
- Purchase the Net Package from the ESSC
- Use their own Equipment, and/or purchase some of the equipment listed below
- Teams registered for the GC'd Outdoor Soccer Leagues do not need any equipment. The GC will supply all equipment at the field
- As an Individual or Small Group registrant, you are not required to select any equipment at the time of registration. However, one person from each individuals team will be required to pay a refundable deposit and pick-up equipment on the designated days. The ESSC will send pick-up information via email before the season starts
|Soccer net x 1, pegs x 3, bucket x 1, velcro straps x 10, cones x 10||$ 95|
- Players are required to bring both a light and dark shirt or jersey to the game each week
- Teams will decide at the field which team is dark and which team is light for the game
- Shin guards are suggested but not mandatory. If a player chooses to wear shin guards, they must have them fully covered with socks.
- Metal cleats are not allowed in ESSC Outdoor Soccer Leagues
Equipment Pick Up and Drop Off
|ESSC Office Pick-Up and Drop-Off|
|Wednesday, September 9th||11:00am to 7:00pm|
|Thursday, September 10th||11:00am to 7:00pm|
Please book an appointment by filling out our Equipment Distribution Sign-Up form.
Anyone can pick up or drop off equipment; it does not have to be the Team Captain or the person who put down the deposit, just someone who can represent the team and who is available on one of the dates.
- We highly encourage players to pre-pay for their equipment by calling the office at 780-429-4263. Credit or debit transactions will still be accepted in person, but we are not accepting cash at this time
- Players are recommended to wear face masks when picking up or returning their equipment
- Players are not required to clean their equipment before it's returned
- If you drop off your equipment on any day other than a designated date, you will be subject to a $10 non-refundable fee
- All rented equipment must be returned the same year that is was rented in order to receive a refund
- Please note that when equipment is returned, the deposit will be refunded, minus a $30 rental fee
Location: ESSC Office – 17406 106a Ave NW (Please use the back warehouse entrance located on the north side of the building)