- The ESSC pays for and books all of the courts used for Outdoor Leagues through the City of Edmonton Recreation Department.
- Upon confirmation of a booking, the City of Edmonton issues a physical permit to the ESSC.
- The Event Coordinator's (EC's) for this League will bring the permit to the courts each week.
- There is likely to be other users on the courts leading up to the time of the booking, as user groups rarely rent outdoor courts, and most are available for public drop-in. The EC has been trained to give drop-in players a 5 minute heads up before the permit starts, and to direct them to any open courts. The City of Edmonton always keeps at least 25% of the courts open for public use, and will never issue a permit to a group for all courts at once. There are also large signs on the outside of the fence at most courts explaining this policy if drop-in players are not cooperating.
- It is physically impossible for the City of Edmonton to issue multiple permits for the same court at the same time, if someone else claims to have a permit.