The Edmonton Sport and Social Club (ESSC) is a Co-ed Adult Sports League. All Legends players must be at least 35 years of age prior to the start of the current season.
All registrations are placed based on the date the registration was paid. The ESSC will attempt to ensure that all individuals/groups/teams get placed into the league of their choice. It is not uncommon to have leagues sell-out, so registering early is recommended. If individuals/groups/teams cannot be placed, a full refund will be issued.
The following are the different types of registrations that the ESSC accepts for this sport:
Captains register a Full Team to build their own roster and decide themselves how many teammates to include.
- All Full Teams must adhere to the 35+ Roster Requirements.
- The more players on the roster, the lower the cost per player.
- Full Team fees are paid for in full at the time of registration.
- There is no maximum size for a Full Team registration.
- All Full Teams will be required to have a minimum of one female player on their roster.
- Prior to the first game of the season, teams must have the total number of players required on the court/field/rink confirmed on the roster in MyESSC.
- This number is sport specific and can be found on the Format and Rosters page under League Details on the side navigation menu for any particular sport.
- If the minimum amount of confirmed roster players is not met, the team will receive a loss for every game played until the requirement is met.
- Prior to the first playoff game, teams must have all players who are playing in the playoff game(s) displayed as part of the confirmed roster in MyESSC.
- If this requirement is not met, teams will receive an automatic loss and will not be eligible for the championship.
Players register individually and the ESSC adds one additional player to the roster to form a full team.
- Individuals registered in this league must be 35+
- Individuals who register for more than one league will receive a discount on each additional league. The more individuals play, the less they pay!
- The ESSC manages the size and composition of the final roster and will always attempt to build ideal team rosters. However, teams could include more or less players than the ideal roster size, depending on registrations in that particular sport or division.
- Individual fees are paid in full at the time of registration.
- For more information on what it is like to play on an Individuals team in the ESSC, Click Here.
- Individuals do not have the ability to add/invite additional players to the roster without speaking to a ESSC representative.
- Individuals are expected to ensure that all registrants accept their roster invite within 5 days of the initial registration, or prior to the registration deadline, whichever date comes first.
- Registrants who do not accept their invite on time risk removal from the roster and will not be issued a refund.
Register as a sub to get in the game without having to commit to a full season.
- There is no fee associated with being a sub!
- Sub registration opens after the registration deadline has passed and remains open for the duration of a season.
- Players can register as a sub specifically for the Legends 35+ League by selecting the ‘35+ Only’ option when registering.
- Players who register as a sub for the Legends 35+ League must be at least 25 years old.
- By registering as a sub, players are agreeing to have their contact information given out to any team/player who contacts the ESSC in need of a sub.
- There is no guarantee that a registered sub will get called into action.