All teams are required to have 10 players, with a minimum of 3 females. There is no limit to team roster size.
- Recreational Plus
- Games will be played using a Traditional format, where teams will pitch to the opposing team.
- Games are 7 innings and each game is allotted 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- A team can score a maximum of 5 runs in one inning with the exception of the final inning where there are unlimited runs.
- All teams are guaranteed at least 3 round robin games and at least 1 playoff game on Sunday in a single elimination format.
Schedule & Times
The full tournament schedule will be sent to Team Captains and Individual Teams no later than 5:00pm, the Thursday prior to the tournament. This will include official arrival and end times.
Weekend League Conflict Information
If you are playing in the Sport & Social Club Sylvan Lake Slo-Pitch Tournament and a majority of your team is also scheduled to play in our Sunday ESSC Slo-Pitch leagues, please read the following very carefully:
- First and foremost, the best solution is to plan ahead and find subs for your league game. If less than half of your tournament team members are playing in our leagues, it will be your responsibility to find league subs.
- If a majority of your team already plays in a Sunday ESSC league, you MUST let Tiona know ASAP. We will require at least 1 week notice prior to the tournament but the sooner you can let us know, the better. Tiona can be reached at email@example.com or 780-429-4263.
SUNDAY LEAGUE TEAMS
- Afternoon: Provided that we are given at least 1 week notice, the ESSC will attempt to re-schedule your league game for another day and/or time. We will contact your league opponent and explain the situation, however, it is up to your league opponent whether or not they are willing to re-schedule. If they are not able to reschedule the league game or you are unable to make it to their proposed reschedule date/time, you will be required to find subs for your league game or you will be subject to the league Default Policy.
- Evening: Provided that we are given at least 1 week notice, the ESSC will attempt to schedule the tournament so that you would still be able to attend your league game that evening. However, this will not always be possible. If we are not able to ensure that you will make it to your league game, the ESSC will attempt to re-schedule your league game for another day and/or time. We will contact your league opponent and explain the situation, however, it is up to your league opponent whether or not they are willing to re-schedule. If they are not able to reschedule the league game or you are unable to make it to their proposed rescheduled date/time, you will be required to find subs for your league game or you will be subject to the league Default Policy.
Although an Event Coordinator will be on-site to keep the tournament running smoothly, SSC Tournaments are self-officiated, so each team must make their own calls. Each team is responsible for reporting their score after each game is played.
There will be an optional Home Run Derby on Sunday and all teams are welcome to nominate either one male or one female from their team to participate. Also, there will be a Radar Gun set-up throughout the weekend where players may compete to see who has the hardest throw (male and female). The winner of each Skills Competition will receive a grand prize!
The party goes all day at the on-site beer gardens, so stick around in between games and enjoy the music.
On Saturday night, there will be an official After-Party where teams can enjoy exclusive food and drink specials, can enter to win door prizes, and compete in pub games to earn additional points for their city.
It is recommended that teams take the opportunity to make it a full weekend of fun, and book a hotel so that they can take Sylvan Lake by storm and join the Edmonton and Calgary Sport and Social Clubs in a party that goes all night long!
After the event on Sunday, each championship team will receive a set of champ shirts.
Games will be played rain or shine!
Teams are placed into a tournament or event on a first-paid, first-served basis. The SSC will attempt to ensure that all teams and players get placed into the option of their choice. It is not uncommon to have tournaments and events sell out, so registering early is recommended. If players/teams cannot be placed, a full refund will be issued. The SSC reserves the right to move teams from one division to another. This often happens with little notice once registration is closed, divisions are being finalized and schedules are being built. The SSC makes every attempt to place teams in divisions that are most appropriate by evaluating past standings and assessing other teams within each division. Team rosters do change from season to season, however, new player information is not used as a metric for gauging the skill level of each team as a whole; placement is based on the success of a team/captain’s most recent season. Teams may be moved for a number of reasons:
- The most qualified teams may be moved to fill spots in a division with lower registration numbers than the one they have registered in. For example: If there are 12 teams in Recreational and 4 teams in Recreational Plus, the 4 teams with the best prior records may be moved to the Recreational Plus division to create balanced leagues at 8 teams each.
- Some teams register below their ability. If a team has recently done very well in a league or tournament or has won a championship in either, they should register in a higher division when available. If they do not, the SSC will correct this by moving the team to the appropriate division.
- If there is a large number of registrations for a particular division, it may be split into subdivisions (eg. Recreational A, Recreational B). Occasionally, large groups of teams will be placed into new divisions as a form of subdividing. For example: If 24 teams register in the Recreational league, and there are no registrations at other skill levels, the teams may be subdivided into 8 teams in Intermediate, 8 teams in Recreational Plus and 8 teams in Recreational based on their previous standings with The Club.
All teams that get moved into a different division or get placed into a lettered division will be playing with the same teams they would have been placed with regardless of division name or letter.