Edmonton Sport and Social Club Liability Waiver
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT. BY COMPLETING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. PLEASE READ THIS CONTRACT CAREFULLY
Group Organizer's Name: Edmonton Sport and Social Club, hereinafter to be referred to as (" ESSC")
TO: Edmonton Sport and Social Club, hereinafter to be referred to as (" ESSC"),
Assumption of Risks
I am aware that participating in the activities and sports, without limitation, offered by or associated with ESSC, exposes me to many inherent risks, dangers and hazards. By engaging in any activities offered by or associated with ESSC, I freely accept and fully assume all inherent risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting there from.
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and COVID-19 is extremely contagious. The ESSC has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, I understand that the ESSC cannot and does not guarantee that I will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, participating in any group activity and sports may significantly increase my risk of contracting COVID-19 and such exposure may result in temporary or permanent personal injury, illness, disability or death and I freely and voluntarily agree to assume all the foregoing risks.
Underage Spectator Policy
The ESSC is an adult-only league; all players must be 18 years of age, or older, before they can participate in any ESSC league or event. As such, our Liability Insurance covers adult participants, spectators and employees only. Players are discouraged from bringing underage spectators to any ESSC league or event that is held in a gymnasium. Gyms offer a confined area where balls and other objects are moving quickly and at times, unpredictably. If a parent/supervisor/guardian chooses to bring an underage person to any ESSC venue (particularly an indoor gym), they do so at their own risk and will assume all liability and consequences related to the minor(s) they have brought with them.
Release of Liability Waiver of Claims & Indemnity Agreement
In consideration of ESSC permitting me to participate in its activities and sports, permitting me to the use of its equipment and permitting me the use of its facilities, I hereby agree as follows:
- TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against ESSC, and its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, assigns and successors.
- TO RELEASE ESSC, and its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, assigns and successors from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in activities and sports offered by or facilitated by ESSC, due to any cause whatsoever INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY OF CARE, AND/OR BREACH OF THE OCCUPIER'S LIABILITY ACT, R.S.A. 2000, C. O-4, ON THE PART OF ESSC and its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, assigns and successors.
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY ESSC, and directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, assigns and successors from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party, resulting from my activities and my participation in the activities offered by or associated with ESSC.
- To FOREVER RELEASE AND INDEMNIFY the ESSC relating to becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 which may result from the actions, omission or negligence of myself and others, including but not limited to the ESSC and other participants in activities and sports offered by the ESSC.
- That this Agreement shall be effecting and binding upon any heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns in the event of my death.
- l have read and understood this Agreement prior to signing it. I am aware that by checking the box on the registration page, I am waiving certain legal rights which I or any heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against the ESSC and its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, assigns and successors.
Sportsmanship & Fair Play Agreement
I have read,understood and will abide by the rules of my sport as outlined by the ESSC.
- I understand that I am responsible to call my own fouls. I will not wait for my opponent or the Games Coordinator ("GC") to make that decision.
- I understand that if it is reported by the GC or an opponent, that I have behaved in an unsporting manner or have not played by the rules, that I could be suspended or ejected from the league, with no refund.
- I understand that my team captain is the only person who can approach the GC or the opposing captain regarding concerns surrounding the game. It is my responsibility to let my captain know my concerns so he/she can deal with them.
SSC Inclusion, Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Racism Policy
The Sport and Social Club (SSC) recognizes that racism, discrimination, harassment, bullying, and violence is harmful to our community, not only for the group(s) targeted, but for all SSC participants. The SSC is committed to creating and maintaining a safe sport environment which is free of discrimination and harassment, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity, can contribute fully and have equal opportunities. All SSC participants are expected to uphold these values and actively maintain a sport environment that fosters respect, is anti-discriminatory, and actively anti-racist. Please click here to read our full SSC Inclusion, Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Racism Policy (last updated July 20, 2021).
If you want to learn how you can bring inclusion to the playing field, click here for our tips and tricks.
Photo and Video Release
I hereby grant permission to the rights of my image, likeness and sound of my voice as recorded on audio or video tape to the Sport and Social Club Ltd. (Edmonton and Calgary locations) without payment or any other consideration. I understand that my image may be edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of my image or recording.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Policy
The ESSC has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Policy, requiring all players and staff to be fully vaccinated in order to participate within the organization.
- All players will be required to be fully vaccinated to participate.
- All players will be required to provide proof of full vaccination.
- All players will be required to upload their vaccine QR code to their MyESSC Profile prior to playing within the league.
- Players who do not wish to disclose their vaccine verification online, may come into the office and present proof in-person to staff.
- Once players have provided their full proof of vaccination, it will not be required to be resubmitted for future seasons.
- If players are not able to provide proof of full vaccination, they will not be eligible to play.
- Privately Issued Negative PCR, Rapid Test or Medical Exemptions will not be accepted.
- Any player who has not provided proof of vaccination prior to participating will receive a penalty in the standings as well as risk being removed from the league with no monetary compensation.
The eSSC supports the COVID-19 vaccine and highly encourages players to be fully vaccinated, which is why this policy has been implemented. The ESSC is committed to meeting and/or exceeding the Government of Alberta guidelines in relation to COVID-19 measures.