Being a team captain (TC) in the ESSC is an important undertaking. Team captains are the Clubs first point of contact for all matters associated with their team. The ESSC looks forward to working with all TC’s to make their jobs as easy as possible. A list of TC responsibilities are as follows:
- All correspondence from the ESSC office will go through the team captains.
- Captains are asked to complete applicable Online Player Orientations prior to season start.
- Captains are asked to respond to all correspondence in a timely manner when dealing with schedule changes, defaults, sportsmanship issues, or other requests.
- Captains are expected to pass on all important information to their teammates.
Managing the Roster
Captains are responsible for managing their team roster, including;
- Recruiting enough players to fill the roster prior to the start of the season.
- Avoiding defaults by confirming players prior to each game.
- Finding subs for games when short players.
Online Player Orientations (OPO)
Captains are responsible for completing applicable Online Player Orientations, on behalf of the team, before the first game of the season.
- OPOs are accessed through your MyESSC home page
- Under Registrations refer to your upcoming registration(s), and look for a “Orientations Required” link
- If you have completed all necessary orientations in the past, this link will say “Orientations Complete.” This means you do not need to complete any others
- Click the “Orientations Required” link and complete all applicable orientations
Captains are responsible for dealing with sportsmanship during the game, including;
- Managing the actions of their teammates.
- Bringing up concerns with the opponent in a respectful manner to both the Games Coordinator (GC) and the other team’s captain during half-time.
- Submitting a sportsmanship rating for the opposition to the GC at the end of the game.
- Liaising with the ESSC office on all sportsmanship issues and follow-up.
- Captains should confirm the score with the Games Coordinator (GC) at half-time and at the end of the game.
- If score disputes arise, captains are expected to work with each other and the GC to decide on the correct score.
- Captains do not have to report the scores directly to the ESSC, this is the duty of the GC.
- Games Coordinators (GCs) will bring the facility permit to all scheduled games.
- Captains should ensure that the facility guidelines are respected and that their teammates are aware of proper gym, field or rink etiquette.