The ESSC is Edmonton’s largest provider of adult recreational sports leagues, tournaments, and events. A large part of our growth and success to date has come from listening and adapting to our players needs and doing everything that we can to make our organization the best sports league in the City of Champions! We are looking for enthusiastic Ambassadors to help us reach new people through social media channels, provide us with continual feedback to improve player experience and work with management to expand and keep our offerings current.
If you love the Club and want to be part of our continued growth and development, this could be a perfect opportunity for you to get more involved in a really fun way!
Responsibilities & Qualifications
This is an exciting volunteer (with perks!) position at the ESSC. Successful candidates will have a big impact on helping us reach and engage with prospective players as well as further our mission to continually develop and improve.
Positions Available: 10
Start Date: November 2020
- Engaging Edmontonians: Extremely flexible from the comfort of your own home, at the field, in the gym or wherever you might be when you want to update your social media posts.
- Continuous Feedback: Extremely flexible timing once or twice a season when you want to connect with us via phone or email to provide your personal playing feedback.
- Sport Consultant: One 30-60 minute in person or virtual meeting per season to recap your sport specific experience and talk about what you think we can do better.
- Spread awareness of the ESSC and recreational sport and social activities through organic wholesome use of social media channels
- Make 6 posts per season (~2-3 per month)
- Post include simply tagging the ESSC in a post from your game, posting about your experience, etc. Organic, organic, organic!
- General themes and concepts will be discussed each season. Ambassadors will receive guidance from ESSC Marketing Managers, but will be given the freedom to develop their posts as they see fit.
- Some support from our Graphic Designer will be available if the Ambassador would like to utilize that option.
- Ambassadors will need to provide screenshots and interaction rates for their ESSC specific posts.
- 1 - 2 times per season, or as instances arise, Ambassadors and ESSC Management will connect to discuss their experiences in the league and provide feedback.
- This feedback can be submitted via email or phone conversation as the Ambassador and Marketing Manager see fit.
- Be the ESSC's eyes and ears at the games to help ensure we are meeting and exceeding the expectations of our players!
- Contribute to the development of a healthy, thriving sports community
- At the end of each season, have one 30-60 minute with ESSC Management to discuss issues that pertain specifically to your sport and possible areas of improvement
Promoting Sport and Wellness: (This responsibility is currently on hold given restrictions around Covid-19)
- An optional element of the Ambassador role is to represent the ESSC at trade shows and events such as Teachers Convention, BeerFest, Corporate Challenge, etc.
- If Ambassadors are interested in this role and the ESSC Marketing Teams deems them a good fit, additional training and compensation would be provided.
- No social media, influencer or marketing experience necessary. We are purely looking for ESSC enthusiasts who meet the below qualifications.
- Edmonton Sport and Social Club experience - previous and upcoming
- 1000 or more followers on at least one social media platform. Applicants with 500-1000 may also be considered.
- Fun-First, Winning-Second Mentality
- Love of the ESSC and everything we stand for!
- Desire to help the ESSC grow and improve
Rate of Pay:
- This is a volunteer position... with GREAT PERKS!
- Free ESSC League Play
- Amazing ESSC Clothing and Swag
- Seasonal Dinner out with the full Ambassador Team and ESSC Management
- Opportunity to help grow and further develop the ESSC!
- Exposure for your own social media channels, if of interest to you.
How to Apply
All applicants must complete the online pre-interview form and attach a resume and cover letter (attn: Tyler Russell, Marketing Manager).