Return to Play
While the Club is committed to doing all we can to keep you safe, this is a team effort. We expect all players to adhere to the new policies, and to hold each other accountable. It is essential that our community work together to safely 'sport' again.
- Self-screening must be completed by all players prior to every game - no exceptions.
- If any player is experiencing symptoms at their game, the Team Captain must send them home immediately; play cannot commence until the individual has left the playing area.
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- If you are playing an outdoor sport, it is highly recommended that you wear a cloth face mask (covering the mouth and nose) when not playing, including your arrival and departure.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before the scheduled game time.
- If you arrive at your facility and the game before yours is still in progress, do not move towards or onto the playing area until the other team has completely cleared out.
- There will be no congregating at parks, facilities or parking areas before, during, or after your game. Please avoid overlap with other players.
- At the end of the game, teams should verbally acknowledge “good game” to their opponent but must not shake hands or high five one another.
- It is highly encouraged that players have their own equipment for the sport they are playing.
- For Team Captain sports, the Club has supplied wipes to teams to help ensure that equipment can be sanitized.
- At the end of the game, coordinators will sanitize all shared equipment prior to next use.
- Players will not share water bottles or snacks.
- Unshelled sunflower seeds and unshelled peanuts are not permitted
- All players must read their sport specific rulebook prior to playing, to ensure they are aware of any changes made for their sport.
As per AHS regulations all sport leagues are required to adhere to 50-person cohort maximums. This means all divisions are limited to 50 total people, inclusive of full time roster members and subs.
- To follow cohort restrictions all sports will have capped roster sizes and most leagues will be made up of divisions of 4 to 6 teams.
- Roster checks and a temporary COVID amendment to the Roster Requirement Policy are in place.
- COVID Roster Requirement Policy Update: Only players confirmed on the team roster in MyESSC are permitted to play. A player must be confirmed, and not be a pending invite.
- ESSC Coordinators will be monitoring roster sizes at games. ESSC representatives will be randomly spot-checking Team Captain sports to ensure players are adhering to all Return to Play and roster size guidelines. Click here to learn more.
- Due to the current cohort regulations, mid-season realignment is not possible. Once teams are put in a division together, they must play the entire season together. Pre-season stat gathering will be used to make the best divisions possible, based on the registrations received.
- Teams found breaking maximum roster limits, or to have unconfirmed roster members, will receive an automatic loss of spirit points and/or game. The SSC will follow-up and teams may face additional consequences of suspension and/or fines.
- As part of a 50-person sport-cohort, it is essential that each and every player hold themselves accountable to the various safety protocols and policies we've implemented for the season. To learn more about how you can be a 'Cohort M.V.P,' click here.
In addition to limiting sports leagues to 50-person cohorts, AHS recommends individuals should limit the number of cohorts/mini-leagues they belong to. At the beginning of Stage 2, the mandate was that players should only participate in one sport cohort at a time. Following a successful re-launch thus far, this has since been changed.
- This change in mandate means that for the Fall 2020 season, the ESSC will not limit players to participating on only one team/in one league.
- If you wish to participate on more than one team, we ask that you be mindful and ensure you are an official roster member with each team online, for traceability purposes.
For full details on sport cohorts and AHS guidelines for sport, please click here. It's important that we all do our part to follow the guidelines in place so that sport can successfully run during COVID, and continue to work towards less restrictions.
We are restricted to a a maximum of 50 people in a division, which means that subbing options are limited!
- For larger roster sports, if teams all have full rosters of 12, this means only two additional players can be added to the division as a sub.
- All teams are in the same boat, and it's pertinent that all teams understand and follow the modified Substitute Player Policy and Process in place for the season. You can read full details on the new policy here.