The ESSC depends on a large group of volunteers called Event Coordinators (ECs) to help facilitate games in the following sports: Badminton, Volleyball, Flag Football, Flag Rugby, Ultimate, Tennis, Pickleball, and Curling. These ECs play a huge role in ensuring that all players have the best experience possible each and every night./p>
ECs are players in the league who are already registered on a team for that specific season. Each League needs multiple ECs depending on the number of teams registered and facilities being used that season. Each EC is responsible for managing the facility that their team is scheduled to play at and the teams that they are scheduled to play against.
The primary roles of the EC are:
- Arrive at the facility 15 minutes prior to the game start time.
- Bring the equipment and permits to the facility (as supplied by the ESSC).
- Facilitate the set-up and take-down of the nets with help from the players (Badminton and Volleyball).
- Facilitate field set-up and take-down with help from the players (Ultimate, Flag Rugby and Flag Football).
- Act as the onsite contact for the custodian and/or facility staff.
- Update players with pre-game announcements.
- Ensure that the matches run on time.
- Ensure that the players have left the facility on time.
- Confirm that all equipment is put away properly at the end of the booking (Badminton and Volleyball).
- Report scores online the following day.
Helping the EC
All players are expected to help the EC in order to ensure that everyone has the best experience possible. Players can help in all of the following ways:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to game time to assist the EC in setting up the facility.
- Ultimate, Flag Rugby and Flag Football – Help the EC line the field with cones.
- Volleyball and Badminton – Help the EC set up the nets and poles.
- Provide the EC with their undivided attention when the announcements are being read.
- Start the games as soon as the EC has finished announcements.
- Record the game results on the score sheet after each game/match.
- Help the EC pack up the equipment after the final games are played.
- Clean up after themselves.
- Leave the facility promptly after the games have concluded.
Being an EC for the ESSC has its perks! They include, but are not limited to:
- Free League Play! ECs receive a refund equal to the amount of an individual registration.
- Free or discounted entry into select tournaments and events.
- Free ESSC apparel.
- EC appreciation parties.
- The opportunity to be a leader and meet new people.
Becoming an EC
Volunteering to be an EC is easy and can be done in either of the following ways:
- When registering for a league, simply check off the ‘I want to EC’ option on the registration form.
- Call or email the ESSC team:
- Phone: 780-429-4263
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Did an EC go above and beyond at one of your games? The ESSC wants to hear about it! Please click here to show some appreciation for an EC, or to nominate them for the EC of the Season Award.
At the end of each season, an EC from select sports will be chosen to receive the EC of the Season Award. This award is given to those who are not only committed and organized volunteers, but who also help provide our players with a fun and positive experience.