Indoor Facility Policies
The ESSC rents the majority of indoor facilities and gymnasiums from the City of Edmonton Recreation Department. As tenants, players must respect the standards and rules of each facility:
- Alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited inside any facility and in the parking lots.
- Facility Operators and Caretakers should be treated with respect. If players have any concerns with a school, they should be addressed with the ESSC the following day.
- Hallways are off limits at schools. Players should never wander around the facility.
- Players are expected to clean up after themselves.
- Players must wear clean, non-marking shoes. No outside shoes allowed. Outside shoes can be taken off and left at the entrance to the school.
- Players are responsible for property damage inside or outside of a facility that they cause.
- Due to size constraints at our indoor facilities, spectators are not permitted in the gym unless there is a dedicated viewing area. Spectators are to remain seated or in the stands during the game and should always be positioned a safe distance away from the activity. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The doors to a public school are unlocked 10 minutes prior to the permit start time. If players arrive early, they should wait outside. Some facilities will keep the doors locked throughout the night as a safety precaution for the Caretaker. In these cases, the team captain can search for a doorbell above the main entrance of the facility, or wait for a teammate, GC/EC, or the Caretaker to open the door. Doors should never be propped open. This is the most common complaint filed against the ESSC and the responsible player or team will receive a facility fine if caught propping doors.
- When the permit time is up, players must leave the building promptly. They should not move into the hallways, hold meetings or socialize inside the facility.
The ESSC also rents time at private indoor facilities across the city. Similar rules apply as those listed above.
Any player who causes the ESSC to receive a complaint regarding a gymnasium or indoor facility rented by the ESSC will receive a $100 fine and may be ejected from the League.
Indoor Facility Locations and Times
- Indoor facility game start times range from 6:00pm-11:30pm on weeknights and 7:00am - 11:15pm on weekends, depending on facility availability. The ESSC will always attempt to ensure a fair distribution of game start times across all teams within a division when building a schedule.
- Facilities are chosen based on availability, quality and location. Some leagues utilize many facilities, while other leagues may play out of a specific facility. The ESSC will always attempt to ensure a fair distribution of locations when building a schedule.
- Each schedule lists all facilities used in that division, with corresponding Google map links. Players should view these details in order to familiarize themselves with parking, entry, important notes and past complaints for certain facilities.
- Players should arrive at the facility 10 minutes before their scheduled game time to allow time to warm-up or stretch. Some facilities will not allow access to the gymnasium until the exact permit start time, in these cases, players should be patient and ask the GC or Caretaker before entering the gym.
|Provided by the ESSC||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Required of Players||No||Yes||Yes||Yes*|
*Facility Passes are required by Edmonton Soccer Centres from October 14 - mid April. Passes can be rented from the ESSC Office for $60.
- Turf Soccer ball(s) will be provided at the facility or by the the Games Coordinator (GC).
- Standard outdoor soccer balls will be used for all games.
- Players are required to bring both a light and dark shirt or jersey to the game each week.
- Teams will decide at the gym which team is dark and which team is light for the game.
- Shin guards are suggested but not mandatory. If a player chooses to wear shin guards, they must have them fully covered with socks.
- All players must bring a pair of clean, non-marking shoes to the facility.
- Metal cleats are not allowed in Turf Soccer Leagues.
|Commonwealth||Indoor Turf Shoes or Non-Metal Cleats|
|Phillet Center||Indoor Turf Shoes ONLY|
|Edmonton Soccer Centers||Indoor Turf Shoes ONLY|
|Turf Training Center||Indoor Turf Shoes ONLY|
|Edmonton Soccer Dome||Indoor Turf Shoes or Non-Metal Cleats|
|Foote Field||Indoor Turf Shoes or Non-Metal Cleats|
|Millennium Place||Indoor Turf Shoes ONLY|
|Victoria Soccer Club||Indoor Turf Shoes or Non-Metal Cleats|